Center for Proteins in Memory, PROMEMO, is a spin-off center of DANDRITE. PROMEMO is funded by the Danish National Research Foundation.
The core researchers of PROMEMO are all related or directly part of DANDRITE:
- Prof. Anders Nykjaer, Director of PROMEMO, Core Group Leader at DANDRITE
- Prof. Poul Nissen, Director of DANDRITE, Core Group Leader at DANDRITE
- Assoc. Prof. Sadegh Nabavi, Group Leader at DANDRITE
- Assoc. Prof. Hanne Poulsen, Team Leader at DANDRITE
- Ass. Prof. Magnus Kjaergaard, Team Leader at DANDRITE
- Prof. Marco Capogna, Affiliated Researcher at DANDRITE
The aim of PROMEMO is to identify and understand the function of memory associated proteins that determines the persistence of a memory. In a longer perspective, understanding memory-associated proteins may help identifying molecular targets for memory-associated disorders such as anxiety, depression, and dementia.