Is data science an integral part of your work? Or should it be?
If you answered yes, this new webinar series is for you - registration has opened! The institutes of the Nordic EMBL Partnership have come together to offer all scientists in the molecular medicine research field online seminars and clinics in various topics under the umbrella of data science, bioinformatics, machine learning, and so on.
Join the webinar once a month to boost your knowledge and skills in this ever-expanding arena. This is also a unique opportunity to build interactions across the Nordic EMBL Partnership and see how data science can be better integrated into your ongoing research.
Topics for the first set of sessions include:
- Modeling large, complex datasets with deep learning - Online seminar with Leo Parts, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
- Image analysis with AI - Online clinic with Antti Suutala, FIMM and Lassi Paavolainen, FIMM
- Advanced protein structure analysis with AI - Online seminar with Alex Bateman, EMBL-EBI
- Whole exome sequencing and ChIP-seq data integration - Online clinic with Sebastian Waszak, NCMM
- Single cell ATAC-seq and RNA-seq data integration - Online clinic with Johan Henriksson, MIMS
Online seminars consist of a 45 min topic presentation and 15 min Q&A.
Online clinics consist of 1) 30 min instructional topic overview presentation including a state-of-the-art review, new developments in the pipeline and 5 min Q&A and 2) 30 min demo and clinic-like Q&A for those that wish to see how the methods are applied on sample data. Follow-up 1:1 meeting with the presenter/experts are welcomed and encouraged.
You can also enter topic and speaker ideas for future sessions.
The first session will be held on 5 October from 15:00 - 16:00. Feel free to spread the word and invite your local and national collaborators from outside to join.
Read more and register here