Links to funding options:
Dig into the new database Research Professional, with many international foundations.
- 20 September 2020: Lundbeck Foundation, Fellowships: read more.
- October 2020: EMBL International PhD Programme. Learn more
- 6 October 2020: DFF-International Postdoctoral Grant. Learn more.
- 6 November 2020: Lundbeck Foundation, Postdoc: learn more
- 10 November: Lundbeck Foundation, LF Postdocs. Learn more.
- Running (no deadline): EMBO Postdoctoral Fellowships: Learn more
- May (every year 21-23): Velux Foundation: Villum International Postdoc: learn more
Infrastructure and network:
- 27 September 2020: Human Brain Project, EU. Infrastructure voucher programme (for Equipment and materials; Networking and collaboration). Learn more.
- 22 January 2021 (annual calls 21-22): Novo Nordisk Foundation: Data Science Research Infrastructure 2020. Learn more
- Around May 2021 (date TBA): The Danish Agency for Science and Higher Education. International Network Programme. The programme is aimed to support new international collaborations. Learn more
- Open Call (no deadline): European Spallation Source, SE: Deuteration and macromolecular crystallization platform access for COVID-19 research. Find more information about this initiative here
- Open Call (no deadline): Lundbeck Foundation: Corona projects. Read more
- Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research: Learn more about open calls.
- 29 September 2020: DFF-Research Project1 & 2, Medical sciences. Read more.
- 1 October 2020: DFF-Research Project1 & 2, natural sciences. Read more.
- 20 October 2020 (opens): Novo Nordisk Foundation: Tandem Programme – Translational research collaboration between Basic and Clinical Researchers. Read more
- November 2020 (opens): Velux Foundation: Villum Synergy. Learn more
- Opens April 2021: Novo Nordisk Foundation: Exploratory Interdisciplinary Synergy programme. Read more
- Opens in September 2020: Lundbeck Foundation: Professorship programme – Neuroscience. Read more.
- October 2020: (Opens soon) EU Joint Programme for Neurodegenerative Disease Research. Joint translational call to support projects regarding high priority areas in neurodegenerative disease research. Learn more about this call here.
- Opens 29 October 2020: Novo Nordisk Foundation: Hallas-Møller Emerging Investigator – Bioscience and Basic Biomedicine. Read more.
- Opens 29 October: Novo Nordisk Foundation: Hallas-Møller Ascending Investigator – Bioscience and Basic Biomedicine. Read more.
- Opens 29 October: Novo Nordisk Foundation: Distinguished Investigator – Bioscience and Basic Biomedicine. Read more.
- May 2021: Novo Nordisk Foundation: Data Science Initiative. Learn more
- (Running): Lundbeck Foundation: Visiting Professorships. learn more
- September 2020: Novo Nordisk Foundation: Recruit support programme: New initiative to strengthen the ability of Denmark’s universities to attract researcher in the natural and technical sciences from abroad. Learn more about the initiative here
- 1 October 2020: Danish National Research Foundation: Chairs programme: This enables Danish universities to recruit researchers from abroad, including Danes wishing to return from an international position. Researchers may come from all research areas of the humanities, life sciences, natural sciences, social sciences and technical sciences. Danish universities may apply to support start-up research activities of tenured professors who are either currently being recruited from abroad, or were recruited within the six months preceding the application deadline. Find more information here.
- 3 October 2020: Novo Nordisk Foundation: Start Package Grants – For Faculty recruitment 2020 Q4: The grant is intended for excellent researchers to be employed as independent researchers in time-unlimited positions at the level of associate- or full professors (or equivalent categories). Only applications submitted by the Head of the recruiting institution (i.e., the person with the authority to make employment decisions) will be considered for funding. Learn more.
- 1 October: AUFF: Starting grant. Read more
- 24 March: Sapere Aude: DFF- Starting Grant. Read more.
Grants for Conferences/workshops/courses/short stays:
- 29 October 2020: European Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST) – action call. The European Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST) invites proposals for its action call. This supports networking activities such as meetings, short-term scientific missions, training schools and dissemination activities in the areas of science and technology. The aim is to foster the scientific, technological, economic, cultural or societal knowledge advancement and development of Europe. Read guidelines.
- 26 October 2020: Novo Nordisk Foundation: Read more.
- Running: EMBO Fellowships for Core Facility Staff, read more.
- Running: Carlsberg Foundation, read more.
- Running: Benzon Foundation, read more.
- Running: Lundbeck Foundation (for larger international meetings and conferences), read more.
- 31 December 2020: Franklin Institute, US: Bower award and prize for achievement in science. This call recognizes individuals that have made significant contributions to the scientific understanding of decision-making in the field of neuroscience, computer science, psychology, economics and related areas. Learn more.
- June 2021 (forecast): Lundbeck Foundation: Young investigator prize. Learn more
- June 2021 (forecast): Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds: Heinrich Wieland prize. Learn more.
- June 2021 (forecast): Lundbeck Foundation: Talent prizes. Learn more.
- Recurring (next deadline 2021 TBA): Danish Agency for Science and Higher Education: Eliteforsker pris. Learn more
- Recurring (Next deadline 2021 TBA): Federation of European Neuroscience Societies, EUR: Boehringer Ingelheim FENS research award. Learn more.
Students Travel Grants and Scholarships:
- 5 October 2020: Novo Scholarship 2021. Read more.
- The Danish Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology: Four times a year: Travel grants for master & PhD students from More information.
- Legatbogen “Grant Handbook” good for searching travel grants (only in Danish)
- Alfred Benzon postdoc stipendier til udlandsophold: learn more.
- May 2021 (forecast): Danish Agency for Science and Higher Education: EliteForsk rejsestipendier. Learn more.
Running Travel Grants:
- Lundbeckfonden Travel Stipends: More information.
- Running: Boehringer Ingelheim Fond travel grant. More information.
- Graduate School ST: Financial support for PhD students going abroad. See more here.
Next deadlines to graduate schools: Health & NAT